ABOUT THIS TRAINING COURSE
Welcome to this online course on Oil & Gas industry overview.
This training course is designed to give you a comprehensive picture of the international oil & gas industry : from its earliest development at the end of the 19th century to the current situation.
The course uses up-to-date global statistics and is organized into 3 parts :
Part 1. outlines the main characteristics of the petroleum industry, reviews the major events of its history and the associated geopolitics, analyses the place of oil among all energy sources and forecasts future prospects for oil production and demand.
Part 2. outlines the roles of the main players within the petroleum industry (consumer countries, major companies and producing countries (OPEC and non-OPEC)).
Part 3. provides a quick review of the scale of investments and profitability in the oil industry.
History of the oil industry
Up-to-date global statistics of oil & gas
Energy resources : definition, characteristics, conversion factors…
Energy demand and supply : evolution factors (reserves, technology, etc.) and scenarios
Strategies of actors : producer and consumer countries, national, independent and international oil companies, international organizations (OPEC, IEA, etc.)
Financial and political stakes, geographical and environment constraints
Forecasts of future energy demand
Investments and profitability of the oil industry
- Gain a broad perspective of the global oil and gas business
- Describe the different types of energy resources (conventional, unconventional, renewable & fossil)
- Interpret the evolution of the factors affecting the energy supply and demand (crude prices, technology, reserves, geopolitics, geography, environment, etc.)
- Identify the actors of the energy scene and their strategic guidelines
- Understand and appreciate the future energy challenges in terms of production and demand
- Students (chemical/petroleum engineering, economics)
- Professionals with an interest in increasing their understanding of the oil & gas industry
- Energy industry journalists and reporters
Our clients say
Would you like to contact us ? We are here to help !
Fore more information about this training course, please fill in the contact form hereafter then click on send :